2 - 14 Pax
3 star category hotel and local tea house
To trek remote and an ancient villages of Himalayan region Nar Phu valley trek is destination. From this trek you can view Annapurna II, Gangapurna, Himlung Himal and Tilicho peak. This will be breathtaking moment for you. This trek will take you to through pine forest from where you can see Flora and fauna. Animals like snow leopard are seen here. This trek will take you the ancient monasteries along with Kang la pass. This trek will pass through the chortens the gate way of Nar Phu valley to the upper Manang. In this place in Tibet area we can see unique colorful prayer stones. You can Tibetan village which is built of stones.
This trek starts from Kathmandu we drive to Koto. Then our trail ahead to Meta in we can see a plain land with small number of houses. You will get lodges in Meta with Wi-fi and phone signals. There are small lodges but they are clean and you will be provided tasty food here. We will explore Nar Phu village and spend a day with the villagers and involving in cattle farming. If you are able to hike to Himlung Himal base camp. We will hike.
Best season for this trek is spring season in this period weather is clear so you can see the view of Himalayas easily.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
- Explore an ancient villages and remote villages of Nar Phu valley.
- Amazing view of Annapurna II, Gangapurna, Himlung Himal and Tilicho Peak.
- View of Tibetan culture with unique and colorful prayers stones and monasteries.
Arrival at Kathmandu
- Arrival at Tribhuwan international airport.
- Our representative will do warm regards and escort you to hotel.
- Rest in this day.
- Overnight at hotel.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- On this day our representative will take you for sightseeing Kathmandu valley. You can visit world heritage UNESCO sites like Pashupatinath, Swoyambhunath, Bouddhanath and many more.
- Preparation for next day
- Overnight at hotel.
Drive from Kathmandu to Koto(10 hrs of drive)
- Breakfast at Kathmandu.
- On this day our trip starts from Kathmandu. We will drive to Koto.
- Overnight at Koto.
Trek from Koto to Meta (3560m)
- Breakfast at Koto.
- On this our trail will cross the river and enter the Nar Phu valleys. Towns near Annapurna circuit we can see from this trek.
- This trek will cross beautiful forest and waterfalls on the way.
- In Meta we can spend night at lodge.
- Overnight at Meta.
Trek from Meta to Phu (4080m)
- Breakfast at Meta.
- In this day we will trek towards Phu. On the way of trek we can see colorful Tibetan Buddhist chortens that Nar and Phu are famous for begin to appear in sight.
- In this trek we can view three villages in the area as well as old “dzong” (Tibetan-style fortress).
- Overnight at Phu.
- Breakfast at Phu.
- On this day we will explore Phu.
- A small town or hike up to Himlung Himal base camp. This day will spent by sitting with villagers and see their cattle farming.
- Overnight at Phu.
Trek from Phu to Nar Phedi (3490m)
- Breakfast at Phu.
- On this we will retrace the back to Meta, but turn of the Nar Phedi monastery.
- Overnight at Nar Phedi.
Trek to Nar village
- Breakfast at Nar Phedi.
- On this day we will climb out of Nar Phedi and follow a winding path up a hill towards Nar. On the way of trekking we will pass through bamboo-topped chortens and ancient village.
- Overnight at Nar village.
Trek to Ngawal via the Kang la Pass (5240m)
- Breakfast at Nar village.
- On this day we trek to Kang la pass which leads back into the popular Annapurna circuit.
- From here you can view Annapurna II, Gangapurna and Tilicho peak. Then this trail will be down steep. Via of Ngawal from Annapurna circuit.
- In Ngawal we have lodges and Wi-Fi facility.
- Overnight Ngawal.
Trek to Pisang and Drive to Beshisahar
- Breakfast at Ngawal.
- On this we will do short trek to reach Pisang. After reaching we will drive to Beshisahar.
- Overnight at Beshisahar.
Drive back to Kathmandu
- Breakfast at Beshisahar.
- On this day we will drive back to Kathmandu.
- Take rest or roam around Thamel area.
- Overnight at Kathmandu.
- On this day you will be escorted to TIA for your final departure.
- All accommodation in Kathmandu with 3-star category hotel. Included breakfast.
- Accommodation in trekking region.
- All meals in trekking region.
- All surface transportation in private vehicle with AC.
- An experienced English-speaking guide.
- TIMS cards, Permit, Government Tax and our office service charge.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- Sightseeing entrance fees where necessary.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance international air fare to and from Nepal.
- Personal expenses like alcoholic drinks, beverages etc.
- Service charges for Hot shower, Battery charge, internet etc in trekking region.
- Porter and trekking equipment.
- Other things not mentioned in cost include.
What is the best time of a year to do Nar Phu Valley trek?
For this trek spring season (March, April and May) is best time to trek. In this time, you can see the beauty of blooming flowers like rhododendron and orchids and clear panoramic view of Himalayas. Apart from this season, you can trek in other seasons too for the same adventure.
What are the trekking equipment’s required for this trek and where do I get them?
For trekking equipment’s, we have mentioned them below. We recommend you be equipped with these for the trekking: Day pack Duffle bag Sun glasses Towels Water bottle Washing soaps Moistening lotion Spare batteries Spare Warm clothes And most needy things like: Hiking boots, Flip-Flop slippers, wind proof jackets which will keep you warm, trekking suits, sun hat, water proof gears. These equipment’s are important for you while trekking and you will get these stuffs in trekking shops in Thamel area in Kathmandu. Our representatives will be happy to help you with the hiring of the materials.
Are the foods and water hygienically standard?
Yes, the foods and water in the trekking region are hygienical standard as our representative will take care of foods that are provided to you on the region.
What kinds of foods are available during Nar Phu Valley trek?
Typically, different kinds of ethnic foods like Dal Bhat are best served in the area. One can also get western and continental foods however the taste might not be up to the usual standards. And please inform our guide if in case you are allergic to any kinds of food.
How fit do I need to be to do this trek?
Your physical condition needs to be stable as you will be trekking in thin air. With a good physical condition, you will be able to metabolize better. With your body in a fit condition, you can cut effects such as Mountain Sickness, Respiratory problems, digestion problems and other problems you will face. To improve your cardiovascular fitness, high-intensity training works best. High intensity training involves short bursts of high-intensity effort, followed by a recovery period. It is the best way to increase your stamina and prepare you for trekking at different altitudes.
Do I need any medical insurance for this trek?
Medical insurance is highly recommended for this trek because it will be easy for you in case of any medical emergency. The trek to Himalayas is itself a challenging task so it is better to be prepared for circumstance.
Do I need guides and porters for this trek and how can I get them?
Trek guide is necessary for this trekking while you can choose to have a porter if you feel necessary who will carry 15 kgs of your luggage. The price of the porter is not included in our packages. You can get one in the trekking area and our guides will help you in the matter.
How can I pay for this trek?
You can choose to pay via credit cards, Bank transfer or IME/ Moneygram/ Western Union. For more information regarding the payment please follow the link below.
What happens in-case of medical emergency during the trek?
In case of any medical emergency our guide will be there to help you. You could be transferred to any nearby health post or health clinic or you could be rescued via chartered Heli from the trekking region in case we need to. Having a travel insurance that covers the high-altitude medical insurance could be helpful in this situation.
Can I get the guides who speak languages other than English?
Yes, you can get the guide that speaks other language if you need one. The price however will be extra.
What if I cancel the trip?
For any trip cancellations clients will have to inform 30 days prior to the departure. While 15% Booking amount is fully nonrefundable any extra amount received above that shall be refunded however the expenses incurred for the transfer of the refund amount shall be charged by the company. Any trips cancelled within 30 days of the date of departure shall be fully nonrefundable.
How difficult is to do Nar Phu Valley trek?
Nar Phu Valley trek is a strenuous trek which involves 6 hrs of walk per day to reach an altitude of 5240 m so clients with altitude sickness might face the difficulties. Past trekking experience is recommended.
How experienced are your guides/porters for this trek?
You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable and experienced guide licensed by the Government of Nepal. Our team has the members serving more than 10 years in the industry.
Are there ATMs on the way of this trek?
No there are no ATMs on the way so you have to carry extra cash with you.
Do I have to pay extra for the mobile, camera charging, hot shower and internet use and how much is it?
Yes, you have to pay extra charge 2 to 4 Dollars for charging, camera, hot shower or internet use.
What are the safety measures during my trip?
The safety measures you need to take before and during your trek are:
- Get proper immunizations.
- Proper trekking insurance.
- Carry bottled water with you at all time. You also need to constantly have water purifying tablets. These tablets will be available at a local pharmacy.
- Avoid Altitude Mountain Sickness by climbing gradually and allowing enough time for acclimatization.
- Carry proper layers of clothing.
- Have appropriate trekking gear.
Do I need to tip guides and porters and how much is it?
It is not mandatary but recommended to tip the guides and porters. It is usually 10% of trip amount.
What is the highest altitude reached of Nar Phu Valley trek?
The highest altitude is 5240m at the kang la Pass.
How long do we walk every day during this trek?
We will walk up to 6 to 7 hrs in this trek in average every day. Throughout the trail there will be plenty of time to rest and enjoy the scenic beauties.
What kinds of transportation are available during Nar Phu Valley trek? Do you book transportation or I need to book the transportation by myself?
We will provide tourist bus for surface transportation in this trekking package. Private vehicles or shared Jeep are also available upon request by clients and the price will be extra.
One Week in Nepal With Tour Guide
I recently spent one week in Nepal and Tour Guide Team Trek provided an extraordinary service with an itinerary suited to my needs and interests, including Kathmandu, Chitwan, and Pokhara, detailed cultural and historical explanations when visiting different sites in Kathmandu, and above all, a customer and people-oriented approach to all activities, meals, shopping, etc. Kumar Dahal was my tour guide and it was a pleasure for me to have him showing me his native Nepal. Kumar has excellent English speaking skills and he is willing to take the extra mile to help you have the best trip to this beautiful country. I recommend him and Nepal Tour Guide Team Trek wholeheartedly as the best agency to fulfill your expectations.
Memorable 4 Days With Tour Guide
My wife and I had the privilege to enjoy a 4 days long private tour with tourguideinnepal.com. Everything was spot on. We had a private driver and a private tour guide for the entire trip, both extremely polite. I can 100% recommend them to others also. I also found their pricing more than fair. Kumar runs the company, he was very helpful when we put together the custom itinerary. Our tour guide was Suvash, probably the most caring guy I’ve ever met. Thanks for the lifetime experience guys!
Two Nights Was Awesome
I only had two nights in Kathmandu and primarily wanted to do a chopper flight around Everest as well as see as much of Kathmandu as possible. Kumar was amazing and looked after me like family. I did a lot of research and Kumar booked the Chopper flight for me and answered any and all questions I had leading up to it. The Everest day was truly one of the best and awe inspiring days of my life. Kumar also took us to all of the must see sights in Kathmandu. He listened to our needs as well as read our body language for what we required. You must have a guide in places like Kathmandu to understand the history and not miss anything and you won’t regret using Kumar – he is the best!!
Tom And Heide
AMAZING NEPAL EXPERIENCE WITH Nepal Tour Guide Team
We had the privilege exploring KTM valley with Kumar. He has a way of showing you all facets of Nepal as nobody else will. Not only does he know his country like no other, he also has a special way of connecting you with his culture , people, customs and more like a real tour guide can only do. He is a humanitarian, a good spirit, with a great sense of humor and a heart of gold, someone who CARES about his country and people. You will love the way he guides you and shows you his country. Anything from local foods, to extensive history or just small talk about politics and social issues, Kumar is happy to discuss all. He showed us a side of Nepal, we would have never experienced with a larger bus group. He customized our program to our liking, the way we wanted it, patiently answered all of our questions always friendly , attentive and genuine. We can highly recommend Kumar as your private guide. I have traveled the world extensively (please see my other reviews on tripadvisor) and know the difference between ‘just a guide’ and a true tour director who LOVES his job and connecting with people from all walks of life. Kumar is great in what he does and his personality will make you like him the day you meet. We are still friends and should we return to Nepal, there is no doubt in our minds that we will see him again, not only as our guide but also to reunite with a great friend and human being.
Two Weeks In Nepal
We came to Nepal for just under two weeks in March 2017. My husband and I decided to bring my mom for her 60th birthday as it was her lifelong dream to visit Nepal. But weren’t sure what to do while we were there! Luckily, we found Nepal Tour Guide Team, and after a few emails to Kumar, he set up the whole trip for us. Our trip was incredible, and Kumar was wonderful. From Kathmandu to Chitwan, Pokhara and back, Kumar showed us the whole country, and his knowledge was second to none. He arranged all the hotels, the car and driver, the things we did, showed us great places to eat and most importantly, provided great friendship and conversation along the way! We laughed the whole trip and had a wonderful time. The mountains were beautiful, Chitwan was amazing, and the lakeside at Pokhara was definitely my mom’s favorite part. We’re still positive we had the best tour guide and the most skilled driver in the entire country. Kumar is an incredible person and we made a lifelong friend. Even after coming home, we continue to keep in touch, chatting and making video calls. We can’t wait to go back!