Explore Nepal Tour - 09 Days
Explore Nepal Tour is basically an overview trip of the major destinations in Nepal. From World Heritage sites of Kathmandu valley to Lumbini, from the raw appeal of towering mountain peaks to jungle safaris in Chitwan National Park. This 8days/7nights package is specifically designed for you to explore and discover the quintessence of Nepal.
What sets this tour apart from the other tours is that it focuses more on traditional and cultural experience. Owing to the large number of ethnic groups in Nepal, it is said that there are more festivals than there are days in a year.
Since the quintessence of any country are its people and traditions, we coincide this tour to fall under any of the major festivals throughout Nepal. Sightseeing, hiking and other activities are combined with an in-depth look at the festivals of the locale.
If you arrive to the capital during the peak trekking season of October to November, then the festivals of Dashain and Tihar is a great insight into what religious beliefs and rituals of this majorly Hindu population. Dashain is the biggest festival of the Hindus and the Hindu population celebrate by uniting with their large families, paying reverence to elders and feasting till sunrise.
Asan Bazaar - Visit Local Market
The focal point of the capital, not just during the festivals, is the ancient Asan bazaar. This bazaar is a town in its own right and enjoys an autonomous supervision by the locals themselves without the interference from the larger government body. Asan bazaar is jam packed with people trying to get the best bargains. Another sight that unique to Kathmandu you won't get any place in Nepal.
Pokhara - Adventure and Pristine Nature
The Lakeside in Pokhara also comes alive during Christmas and New Year holidays. Once you finish your expedition to Annapurna Base Camp or even a short trek to Poon Hill, coming down to the southern lakeside offers you wild merry making and wild nights.Travelers from all around the word crowd the streets of Pokhara to enjoy food, parades and events. Budget accommodations and homestays are widely available so you don't have to worry about staying in expensive touristy areas. This will also ensure that the local village economy is thriving.
Chitwan National Park
Spice up your Chitwan tour as well as this specially designed package takes you deep into the National Park to the Tharu village. The Tharus are the dominant indigenous people of Chitwan and to date have preserved their traditions and culture. The tharu dance conjures up vision of a pre-modern times when Tharus lived a purer life close to nature. Holi-the festival of colors is also well celebrated here. People celebrate Holi by throwing colored powder and water at each other and is probably the world's most famous Hindu festival, as this is a festival where everyone can participate.
Take the local routes and experience a typical villager lifestyle staying in one of the homestays. Rafting is another great opportunity for you to enjoy the sights of the famed Asiatic gangetic dolphin in these parts. Crocodiles, Gharials, and river birds make up the larger population of the river system. This tour is becoming more and more popular these days because it lets get an insight into the people's way of life, their traditions and culture. Combined with your sightseeing itinerary, mountain hiking and jungle safari, your journey experience is heightened to a level that very few can get the chance to explore.
Although short, this package is the quintessence of your Explore Nepal tour.
- Price Details
- Day 01
Arrive at Kathmandu
- Arrive at Kathmandu
- Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Nepal Tour Guide team will greet you and drop you at your hotel.
- Overnight stay at your hotel.
- Day 02
Kathmandu - Nagarkot for sunrise view then to Bhaktapur and Patan
- We drive early morning to Nagarkot. Your morning starts with the enthralling sunrise view of the splendid mountain views.
- After breakfast, we drive back to Kathmandu.
- On arrival, we continue with sightseeing of Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
Then we visit KrishnaTemple, Patan Durbar with Royal bath, Hiranya Varna Mahavir – a Buddhist Monastery.
- Visit of major world heritage sites in Kathmandu such as Pashupatinath temple, Syambhunath, and Boudhanath stupa
- We head to Kathmandu durbar square – a historical palace of Nepal where we see Kumari Temple (Kumar is living goddess of Nepal), Kasthamandap.
- Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03
Kathmandu to Chitwan National Park
- On reaching Chitwan National Park, we attend a briefing program related to our jungle tour.
- Lunch then we take a tour to a nearby ethnic Tharu village.
- Then, we visit the National Park Visitor’scentre. It is followed by the sunset view from the bank of Rapti River.
- You will be treated by a cultural dance of Tharu community or slideshow presentation on almost everything in Chitwan.
- Dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 04
Chitwan Jungle Tour
- Canoe ride along the Rapti river.
- Jungle walk and you can enjoy elephant bathing on your way back.
- Lunch then Elephant Safari inside the National Park.
- Dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 05
Drive to Lumbini
- We leave for Lumbini in a 3-4 hours drive. The Lumbini is the birth place of Lord Buddha, where has been revered as the place of holy pilgrimage and listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Upon arrival at your hotel, we go walking through the Sacred Lumbini Garden where the Buddha was born.
- Other sites of importance are the Ashoka pillar, the Maya Devi Temple, Sacred Pool and the crane sanctuary.
- Overnight stay at hotel.
- Day 06
Lumbini to Pokhara
- We drive to Pokhara via Tansen Palpa.
- Upon arrival at your hotel, in the evening, we stroll along the shores of Phewa Lake.
- The lake side comes alive at night.
- Overnight stay at your hotel.
- Day 07
Pokhara – Sarangkot – Pokhara Sightseeing
- Morning drive to Sarangkot for the sunrise view.
- The village of Sarangkot is one of the most beautiful villages near in Pokhara city.
- Sarangkot is the best place to see the sunrise and panorama view of the Annapurna and Himchuli Mountain ranges.
- Upon arriving back to Pokhara, we have sightseeing tours of Bindabasini Temple, Mahendra Cave, and Devi’s Falls etc.
- Overnight stay at the hotel, breakfast included.
- Day 08
Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Scenic drive back to Kathmandu.
- Upon arrival, you can take the day for yourself to explore around and do some souvenir shopping.
- Overnight at hotel.
- Day 09
- After your breakfast, a Nepal Tour Guide representative will take you to the airport about 3 hrs prior to your boarding time.
- Hope you had a wonderful stay.
- End of service.
- All Surface transport in Private Vehicle with AC.
- All government charges and official charge.
- Chitwan jungle package.
- An experienced English-speaking tour guide throughout the trip.
- All accommodations in 3 star category hotel with Breakfast.
- Airport pickup and drop.
Price Not Includes
- Lunch and dinner.
- Sightseeing and hill station entrance fee.
- Personal Expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in the cost includes and itinerary
When is the best time of a year for this tour?
Every seasons in Nepal is suitable for this tour. However February- May and Sept- Dec is a peak seasons for tourists.
Do you provide accommodation services or should I arrange for myself?
Our package includes 3 star accommodations with BB plan. However if you choose to arrange accommodations by yourself or want to shift to luxury accommodations you can choose CUSTOMIZE MY TRIP option available in the right side of our tours.
What kinds of food are available during this tour?
All sorts of food veg and non-veg are available everywhere throughout the journey. You might like to choose traditional Nepali dishes in some parts as they are served with best tastes in such parts.
Do you provide airport pickup and drop services during this tour?
Yes, we provide all airport pickup and drop services during this tour.
Can I get guides that speaks languages other than English?
Yes, you can get the guide that speaks other language if you need one. The price however will be extra.
How can I pay for this tour?
You can choose to pay via credit cards, Bank transfer or IME/ Moneygram/ Western Union. For more information regarding the payment please follow our payment information.
Do you provide female guides for Female travellers?
Yes We provide Female tour guides for female travellers travelling alone or a group of female travellers.
Do I need to pay extra for entrance fees during this tour and how much is it?
Yes, entrance fees are excluded in our trip and you will have to pay during the tour. The cost is approximately 200 USD inside Kathmandu valley and approx $300 outside the valley.
Can I customize this tour as per my preference?
Yes, this tour can be customized as per your preference. Please click on the link to customize the trip and our representative will get back to you regarding the same.
Are you guides qualified and friendly during the tour?
You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable and experienced guide licensed by the Government of Nepal. Our team has members serving more than 10 years in the industry. You will feel more comfortable with them.
How much extra cash do I need to carry?
Extra cash required for this tour is approx. USD 500 for entrance fees and approx. USD 300 for Launch and Dinner. Other personal expense could vary based on your expense
One Week in Nepal With Tour Guide
I recently spent one week in Nepal and Tour Guide Team Trek provided an extraordinary service with an itinerary suited to my needs and interests, including Kathmandu, Chitwan, and Pokhara, detailed cultural and historical explanations when visiting different sites in Kathmandu, and above all, a customer and people-oriented approach to all activities, meals, shopping, etc. Kumar Dahal was my tour guide and it was a pleasure for me to have him showing me his native Nepal. Kumar has excellent English speaking skills and he is willing to take the extra mile to help you have the best trip to this beautiful country. I recommend him and Nepal Tour Guide Team Trek wholeheartedly as the best agency to fulfill your expectations.
Memorable 4 Days With Tour Guide
My wife and I had the privilege to enjoy a 4 days long private tour with tourguideinnepal.com. Everything was spot on. We had a private driver and a private tour guide for the entire trip, both extremely polite. I can 100% recommend them to others also. I also found their pricing more than fair. Kumar runs the company, he was very helpful when we put together the custom itinerary. Our tour guide was Suvash, probably the most caring guy I’ve ever met. Thanks for the lifetime experience guys!
Two Nights Was Awesome
I only had two nights in Kathmandu and primarily wanted to do a chopper flight around Everest as well as see as much of Kathmandu as possible. Kumar was amazing and looked after me like family. I did a lot of research and Kumar booked the Chopper flight for me and answered any and all questions I had leading up to it. The Everest day was truly one of the best and awe inspiring days of my life. Kumar also took us to all of the must see sights in Kathmandu. He listened to our needs as well as read our body language for what we required. You must have a guide in places like Kathmandu to understand the history and not miss anything and you won’t regret using Kumar – he is the best!!
Tom And Heide
18th September, 2018
AMAZING NEPAL EXPERIENCE WITH Nepal Tour Guide Team
We had the privilege exploring KTM valley with Kumar. He has a way of showing you all facets of Nepal as nobody else will. Not only does he know his country like no other, he also has a special way of connecting you with his culture , people, customs and more like a real tour guide can only do. He is a humanitarian, a good spirit, with a great sense of humor and a heart of gold, someone who CARES about his country and people. You will love the way he guides you and shows you his country. Anything from local foods, to extensive history or just small talk about politics and social issues, Kumar is happy to discuss all. He showed us a side of Nepal, we would have never experienced with a larger bus group. He customized our program to our liking, the way we wanted it, patiently answered all of our questions always friendly , attentive and genuine. We can highly recommend Kumar as your private guide. I have traveled the world extensively (please see my other reviews on tripadvisor) and know the difference between ‘just a guide’ and a true tour director who LOVES his job and connecting with people from all walks of life. Kumar is great in what he does and his personality will make you like him the day you meet. We are still friends and should we return to Nepal, there is no doubt in our minds that we will see him again, not only as our guide but also to reunite with a great friend and human being.
Two Weeks In Nepal
We came to Nepal for just under two weeks in March 2017. My husband and I decided to bring my mom for her 60th birthday as it was her lifelong dream to visit Nepal. But weren’t sure what to do while we were there! Luckily, we found Nepal Tour Guide Team, and after a few emails to Kumar, he set up the whole trip for us. Our trip was incredible, and Kumar was wonderful. From Kathmandu to Chitwan, Pokhara and back, Kumar showed us the whole country, and his knowledge was second to none. He arranged all the hotels, the car and driver, the things we did, showed us great places to eat and most importantly, provided great friendship and conversation along the way! We laughed the whole trip and had a wonderful time. The mountains were beautiful, Chitwan was amazing, and the lakeside at Pokhara was definitely my mom’s favorite part. We’re still positive we had the best tour guide and the most skilled driver in the entire country. Kumar is an incredible person and we made a lifelong friend. Even after coming home, we continue to keep in touch, chatting and making video calls. We can’t wait to go back!