Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 12 Days
Embark on a unique trek that takes you past lush green forests, picturesque villages and terraced farmlands overlooking glacier peaks. Annapurna Base Camp trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal, and rightfully so because this trail offers you a spectacular close up view of Annapurna South, Himchhuli, Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhare, Manaslu, Poon hill and other gorgeous mountains.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Accommodation
There are plenty of teahouse en-route Annapurna Base Camp with the simple amenities of cozy bed, private/sharing bathrooms, wifi on paid cost, hot shower on paid cost on request and organic food.
The teahouses get booked during the peak trekking seasons from September to November and March to May. During these months, you need to book earlier or consult your guide. Otherwise, you can get accommodation easily in other rest months.
Best Time to Trek Annapurna Base Camp
Trekking to Annapurna base camp depends the experience you are looking for. The best months for trekking in Nepal are September, October, November, March, April and May. During these months, you will experience the sheer beauty, stunning Himalayan views, cultural colorful villages, terraced farmlands, warmer temperatures, availability of tea-houses, hiking through the lush jungles and hot springs during ABC trek.
But, December to February posses winter season in Nepal and can be difficult for trekking. You may feel little bit colder trekking higher regions. The temperature might go upto -10 degree celcius to -15 degree celcius. The trail might be covered with snow and sometime risk of avalanches.
Despite of poor visibility, heavy rainfall and risk of flood and landslides, monsoon trekking to Annapurna base camp is excellent for experiencing the greenery vegetation, colorful villages and terraced farmlands.
Trekking to Annapurna base camp is a moderate trek by difficulty. But, if you have the regular practice of walking, running or hiking, you might feel it easy. Trekking to Nepal Himalayas is risk of altitude sickness so be careful of your health conditions. Otherwise, you need not to worry much about the Annapurna base camp trek difficulty. Walking slowly, drinking plenty of water and consulting with the guide would lead a happy trekking experience.
ABC trek from Kathmandu
We have here total 14 days itinerary from Kathmandu to Kathmandu. This is because of having only one international airport – Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal.
On this itinerary, you will land at Tribhuvan International Airport, meet with the representative from Nepal Tour Guide Team and transfer to your booked hotel.
On the day before departure, you will drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu and overnight stay at hotel.
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking from Pokhara
Choosing this itinerary will shortened the total trip duration and cut off 2 days from our itinerary.
This would be possible soon after Nepal Government officially announces the International Airport in Pokhara which is under construction.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek with other activities
Extend your trip duration if you are interested and have time to travel in Nepal. We suggest you following activities to do in the case you have more days for holidays.
You can do Pokhara city day sightseeing tour, Bungee Jumping in Pokhara, Paragliding in Pokhara, Seti River Rafting, Chitwan National Park jungle safari, Zip Flyer in Pokhara, tour to Bandipur, tour to Tansen, Lumbini and Chitwan.
Book Anapurna Base Camp Trek Package 2020
You can make booking of Annapurna Base Camp trek package directly on a call +977- 9851243700 (Viber/Whatsapp) or email (email@example.com) or filling up booking form. Here is our contact details for your convenience.
Do you have fixed date? or planning for ABC trek in 2020, use the form for booking this trip. You can either customize the trip by clicking on Customize my trip button on the right side of the trip.
If you are solo traveler and want to join a group, please contact us for fixed departure dates. You can get details about upcoming dates on our fixed departure dates section.
Want more information of Annapurna Base Camp Trekking about the difficulty, cost details, food and accommodations, guides and porters, Nepal visa and required documents? we have updated information on the FAQs section or visit our blog.
- The stepped pastures above Pokhara.
- Visit the inward sanctuary of Annapurna with panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000m tall.
- Views of Annapurna ranges and Dhaulagiri, Kaligandaki from Poonhill.
- Enclosed by a ring of inspiring mountains, including Annapurna I 8091m (26540ft.).
- The amalgamation of beautiful villages and farmland at Ghandrunk, against the vista of high peaks.
- Natural hot spring at Jhinudanda.
- Price Details
- Fixed Departure
- Day 01
Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Nepal Tour Guide team will greet you and drop you at your hotel.
- Half day visit of major world heritage sites in Kathmandu such as Royal Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath temple, Syambhunath, and Boudhanath stupa.
- Prepping for the next day's trek.
- Overnight stay at your hotel.
- Day 02
Bus ride to Pokhara
- Early morning breakfast then Departure.
- 6-7 hrs bus ride via Prithvi Highway. Explore this beautiful lake city for a vibrant nightlife.
- We will spend the night at the hotel.
- Day 03
Drive to Nayapul and trek to Hile (1430m)
- We take the drive to Nayapul to start the actual trek. Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul takes around 1.5 hour.
- 3 hours hike to Hile (actual unspoiled scenic view starts from here).
- Sightseeing and exploring the banks of the Modi Khola and the village.
- We will have dinner and spend the night at a local guesthouse.
- Day 04
Trek to Ghorepani (2,840m)
- After breakfast, early morning we will hike to reach Ghorepani.
- Hike through Tikhedhunga (1,577m) and then to Ulleri (2,070m). At Ulleri, you will be able to witness the exotic culture of the Magar people.
- We will walk through the beautiful oak and rhododendron forests to reach the small village called Banthanti (2,250m).
- After walking for a few hours uphill, we reach picturesque Ghorepani (2,840m) where we will spend the night at a tea-house.
- Day 05
Hike up to Poonhill for sunrise and trek to Tadapani (2,610m)
- We leave early in the morning to reach the beautiful Poonhill station (3,210m). Poonhill is famous for its vantage point of the grand Annapurna region. Witness the sunrise here to truly get a feeling of heaven on earth.
- After an hour or two at Poonhill, we hike down to Ghorepani.
- After a nourishing breakfast, we will continue our climb along the ridges through pine and rhododendron forests.
- Reach Deurali (2,690m).
- A short incline from there will bring us to our destination for the day, Tadapani (2,610m).
- Stay overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06
Trek to Sinuwa (2,340m).
- 6-7 hours trek from Tadapani to Sinuwa (2,340m).
- The path takes us through beautiful rhododendron forests, to eventually reach a traditional village of the Gurungs. Here, you will be able to see the lifestyle and culture of the Gurungs.
- The trail becomes relatively easy from here on. We continue our trek to Chhomrung (2,140m).
- After lunch, we continue hiking to Sinuwa for a night stop.
- Stay the night at a local guesthouse.
- Day 07
Trek to Himalaya hotel (2,900m)
- We continue our trek towards our next destination of the beautiful Himalaya hotel village.
- 5-6 hours hike.
- Our trail first drops down the river Chhomrung Khola and then elevate through Khuldighar.
- We will walk through the forests for a while and then follow the trail steeply downhill towards the bottom of the gorge, Dovan.
- Another 1.5 hour walk to Himalayan hotel (2900m) through the lush green forest.
- Stay overnight at a local guest house.
- Day 08
Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m)
- We will venture for our final destination, Annapurna Base Camp (4130m).
- Short break and Lunch at Machhapuchhre Base Camp (MBC) ,
Continue our trek to reach our destination Annapurna Base Camp (4,131m). Approx. 5-6 hours.
- Also known as Annapurna Sanctuary, this place is guarded by mountains in all directions.
- After a spectacular sunset watching of the Himalayas, we will spend the night at a local guest house.
- Day 09
Trek to Bamboo (2,345m)
- Around 6 hours hike down to beautiful Bamboo.
- Our trail drops by around 1,700m along the bank of Modi Khola
- Reach Bamboo ( 2,345m). We go for a short exploration of the place and spend the night in a local guesthouse.
- Day 10
Trek to Jhinu Danda (1,760m)
- Early morning hike to reach Jhinu Danda.
- We will make a steep ascent to Kuldi Ghar.
- We reach Sinuwa, then follow the stone steps to Lower Chomrong and Upper Chhomrong.
- Then, we will descend through the steep trail to Jhinu Danda. You can enjoy yourself in the natural hot springs 20 minutes away from Jhinu Danda.
- We will spend the night in a local guesthouse.
- Day 11
Trek to Pothana (1990m)
- Located at height of 2,100m, Pothana boasts views of myriad of spellbinding mountains and hills. It will take us around 6 hours to reach this scenic village of Pothana.
- We explore the traditional villages around Pothana and watch the sunset.
- We will spend the night at a local guesthouse.
- Day 12
Transfer to airport for your departure.
- 2-hour hike down to Phedi.
- We leave the snow-capped mountains in the back as we hike down to Phedi.
- A short refreshing break at Phedi
- We drive back to the lake city of Pokhara to spend the night.
- Day 13
Drive back to Kathmandu
- After breakfast, we travel back to the capital via Prithvi Highway.
- You can let the view of terraced fields and hills pass by as you soak in your past experiences of the trek.
- After a 6-7 hour ride to Kathmandu, you can choose to explore the capital further and buy gifts and souvenirs to take back home.
- Day 14
- Transfer to airport for your departure.
- End of service.
- Airport Pick Up & Drop in a private Car.
- All Ground Transportation as per above itinerary.
- Accommodation on local lodges in the Trekking area.
- 2 night's accommodation in Kathmandu in a 3-star category hotel with breakfast.
- 1 Night accommodation in Pokhara in a 2-star category hotel with breakfast.
- Experienced English Speaking Guide and a porter.
- All Government local Taxes
- Annapurna conservation fees
- (TIMS)Trekkers information Management System
- First Aid kit
- All expenses of porter and guide.
- All Staff insurance.
- Farewell Dinner with typical Nepali culture
Price Not Includes
- Trekking equipments
- Any type of personal expenses such as Alcoholic Beverage drinks,phone and Laundry.
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance.
- Tips (Not mandatory)
- Launch dinner.
- Meals in trekking area.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company.
- items not included in cost includes.
What is the best time of a year to do Annapurna Base Camp trek?
For this trek spring season (March, April and May) is best time to trek. In this time, you can see the beauty of blooming flowers like rhododendron and orchids and clear panoramic view of Himalayas. Apart from this season, you can trek in other seasons too for the same adventure.
What are the trekking equipment’s required for this trek and where do I get them?
For trekking equipment’s, we have mentioned them below. We recommend you be equipped with these for the trekking: Day pack Duffle bag Sun glasses Towels Water bottle Washing soaps Moistening lotion Spare batteries Spare Warm clothes And most needy things like: Hiking boots, Flip-Flop slippers, wind proof jackets which will keep you warm, trekking suits, sun hat, water proof gears. These equipment’s are important for you while trekking and you will get these stuffs in trekking shops in Thamel area in Kathmandu or in lake side Pokhara. Our representatives will be happy to help you with the hiring of the materials.
Are the foods and water hygienically standard?
Yes, the foods and water in the trekking region are hygienical standard as our representative will take care of foods that are provided to you on the region.
What kinds of foods are available during Annapurna Base Camp trek?
Typically, different kinds of ethnic foods like Dal Bhat are best served in the area. One can also get western and continental foods however the taste might not be up to the usual standards. And please inform our guide if in case you are allergic to any kinds of food.
How fit do I need to be for this trek?
You have to be healthy and fit for this trek. People with past experience of short hikes and treks are best fit for the Everest base camp trek. People of underage or overage can also do the trek if they have no any health issues. We recommend you to consult your medical practitioner if you have any health issues. Also, it is better to have travel insurance that covers high altitude medical insurance in case of any emergency.
Do I need any medical insurance for this trek?
Medical insurance is highly recommended for this trek because it will be easy for you in case of any medical emergency. The trek to Himalayas is itself a challenging task so it is better to be prepared for circumstance.
Do I need guides and porters for this trek and how can I get them?
Trek guide is necessary for this trekking while you can choose to have a porter if you feel necessary who will carry 15 kgs of your luggage. The price of the porter is not included in our packages. You can get one in the trekking area and our guides will help you in the matter.
How can I pay for this trek?
You can choose to pay via credit cards, Bank transfer or IME/ Moneygram/ Western Union. For more information regarding the payment please follow our payment information.
What happens in-case of medical emergency during the trek?
In case of any medical emergency our guide will be there to help you. You could be transferred to any nearby health post or health clinic or you could be rescued via chartered Heli from the trekking region in case we need to. Having a travel insurance that covers the high-altitude medical insurance could be helpful in this situation.
Can I get the guides who speak languages other than English?
Yes, you can get the guide that speaks other language if you need one. The price however will be extra.
What if I cancel the trip?
For any trip cancellations clients will have to inform 30 days prior to the departure. While 15% Booking amount is fully nonrefundable any extra amount received above that shall be refunded however the expenses incurred for the transfer of the refund amount shall be charged by the company. Any trips cancelled within 30 days of the date of departure shall be fully nonrefundable.
How difficult is to do Annapurna Base Camp trek?
Annapurna circuit trek is a moderate trek which involves 6 hrs of walk per day to reach an altitude of 4130m so clients with altitude sickness might face the difficulties.
How experienced are your guides/porters for this trek?
You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable and experienced guide licensed by the Government of Nepal. Our team has the members serving more than 10 years in the industry.
Are there ATMs on the way of this trek?
No there are no ATMs on the way so you have to carry extra cash with you.
Do I have to pay extra for the mobile, camera charging, hot shower and internet use and how much is it?
Yes you have to pay extra charge 2 to 4 Dollars for charging, camera, hot shower or internet use.
What are the safety measures during my trip?
You might want to have a travel insurance. Also please be equipped with all the necessary trekking gears. Further please inform about any health issues to our representative before the start of the trek as a safety measure.
Do I need to tip guides and porters and how much is it?
It is not mandatary but recommended to tip the guides and porters. It is usually 10% of trip amount.
What is the highest altitude reached of Annapurna Base Camp trek?
The highest altitude is 4130 m at the Annapurna Base Camp.
How long do we walk every day during this trek?
We will walk up to 6 to 7 hrs in this trek in average every day. Throughout the trail there will be plenty of time to rest and enjoy the scenic beauties.
What kinds of transportation are available during Annapurna Base Camp trek? Do you book transportation or I need to book the transportation by myself?
We will provide private jeep for surface transportation in this trekking package. Private vehicles or public buses are also available. Air transportation or public buses are also available.
One Week in Nepal With Tour Guide
I recently spent one week in Nepal and Tour Guide Team Trek provided an extraordinary service with an itinerary suited to my needs and interests, including Kathmandu, Chitwan, and Pokhara, detailed cultural and historical explanations when visiting different sites in Kathmandu, and above all, a customer and people-oriented approach to all activities, meals, shopping, etc. Kumar Dahal was my tour guide and it was a pleasure for me to have him showing me his native Nepal. Kumar has excellent English speaking skills and he is willing to take the extra mile to help you have the best trip to this beautiful country. I recommend him and Nepal Tour Guide Team Trek wholeheartedly as the best agency to fulfill your expectations.
Memorable 4 Days With Tour Guide
My wife and I had the privilege to enjoy a 4 days long private tour with tourguideinnepal.com. Everything was spot on. We had a private driver and a private tour guide for the entire trip, both extremely polite. I can 100% recommend them to others also. I also found their pricing more than fair. Kumar runs the company, he was very helpful when we put together the custom itinerary. Our tour guide was Suvash, probably the most caring guy I’ve ever met. Thanks for the lifetime experience guys!
Two Nights Was Awesome
I only had two nights in Kathmandu and primarily wanted to do a chopper flight around Everest as well as see as much of Kathmandu as possible. Kumar was amazing and looked after me like family. I did a lot of research and Kumar booked the Chopper flight for me and answered any and all questions I had leading up to it. The Everest day was truly one of the best and awe inspiring days of my life. Kumar also took us to all of the must see sights in Kathmandu. He listened to our needs as well as read our body language for what we required. You must have a guide in places like Kathmandu to understand the history and not miss anything and you won’t regret using Kumar – he is the best!!
Tom And Heide
18th September, 2018
AMAZING NEPAL EXPERIENCE WITH Nepal Tour Guide Team
We had the privilege exploring KTM valley with Kumar. He has a way of showing you all facets of Nepal as nobody else will. Not only does he know his country like no other, he also has a special way of connecting you with his culture , people, customs and more like a real tour guide can only do. He is a humanitarian, a good spirit, with a great sense of humor and a heart of gold, someone who CARES about his country and people. You will love the way he guides you and shows you his country. Anything from local foods, to extensive history or just small talk about politics and social issues, Kumar is happy to discuss all. He showed us a side of Nepal, we would have never experienced with a larger bus group. He customized our program to our liking, the way we wanted it, patiently answered all of our questions always friendly , attentive and genuine. We can highly recommend Kumar as your private guide. I have traveled the world extensively (please see my other reviews on tripadvisor) and know the difference between ‘just a guide’ and a true tour director who LOVES his job and connecting with people from all walks of life. Kumar is great in what he does and his personality will make you like him the day you meet. We are still friends and should we return to Nepal, there is no doubt in our minds that we will see him again, not only as our guide but also to reunite with a great friend and human being.
Two Weeks In Nepal
We came to Nepal for just under two weeks in March 2017. My husband and I decided to bring my mom for her 60th birthday as it was her lifelong dream to visit Nepal. But weren’t sure what to do while we were there! Luckily, we found Nepal Tour Guide Team, and after a few emails to Kumar, he set up the whole trip for us. Our trip was incredible, and Kumar was wonderful. From Kathmandu to Chitwan, Pokhara and back, Kumar showed us the whole country, and his knowledge was second to none. He arranged all the hotels, the car and driver, the things we did, showed us great places to eat and most importantly, provided great friendship and conversation along the way! We laughed the whole trip and had a wonderful time. The mountains were beautiful, Chitwan was amazing, and the lakeside at Pokhara was definitely my mom’s favorite part. We’re still positive we had the best tour guide and the most skilled driver in the entire country. Kumar is an incredible person and we made a lifelong friend. Even after coming home, we continue to keep in touch, chatting and making video calls. We can’t wait to go back!